A question we often get asked is, “When should I start planning my wedding in Iceland?” The answer varies depending on the scope of the event but today we would like to share with you a quick a dirty rundown of ideal times to start planning.
But know, we have planned Iceland weddings, elopements, and honeymoons in less time but you may not have your first pick on dates, locations, and hotels.
- Eloping in Iceland: At least 2-3 months before your desired Iceland Wedding Date.
- Less than 10 Person Wedding in Iceland = 6 months before your desired wedding date.
- 20-30 Person Wedding in Iceland = 6-9 months before your ideal date.
- 30-60 Person Iceland Wedding = 9-12 months before your wedding date.
- 60+ Person Iceland Wedding = 12-15 months before your wedding date.
So why should plan your Iceland wedding sooner rather than later?
- If you’re set on a specific meaningful date it’s important to plan ASAP. Hotels for room blocks often book out 1+ years for large groups.
- Time to Save! Iceland is one of the most expensive countries in the world so planning sooner gives you a chance to save your dollars (and also time for your guests joining you to save!)!
- First choice of ceremony and reception locations (whether indoor or outdoor wedding venues in Iceland). Many locations in Iceland are now requiring permits / special permissions / entry fee’s if bringing in groups.
- Better rates on transport (both car and bus) for your group.
- Allows you ample time to plan our your details for your Iceland wedding day (Things like: ceremony seating, wedding rentals, bouquet, reception decor, and celebrant, etc)
- Gives you plenty of time for the Iceland marriage license process.
- Makes Iceland wedding planning more enjoyable for you both!
2017 © Iceland Weddings & Honeymoons, All Rights Reserved.