After deciding you want to get married in Iceland, the next step is to develop out your budget. Having an Iceland budget wedding can be tough, because remember you are getting married on a remote island and one of the most expensive countries in the world. But that being said, there are some strategic ways you can take heed on which we bring to your attention today below.
- Use a no fee international transaction credit card for all of your Iceland wedding purchases (Our favorites: Chase Sapphire or AMEX Delta).
- Pay your Iceland wedding vendors directly. Reason: Some wedding planners in Iceland add on 20-30% service fee (or kick back commission) to your vendor bookings.
- Get Married in Iceland in the off season months (late October through April). All of the hotels in Iceland are lower priced during that time period versus Spring/Summer high rack rates.
- Instead of sending out formal in mail save-the-dates or Iceland wedding invitations, send them via email instead and have your guests RSVP on your Iceland wedding website.
- Forgo the Iceland hair stylist and Iceland makeup artist and take lessons locally before (most major makeup lines will teach you for free as long as you buy the products) or enlist your favorite friend to do for you.
- Choose a silk flower bouquet to bring with you versus an expensive fresh flowers for your Iceland wedding bouquet.
- Find an Iceland wedding venue that offers an IPod plugin and house speakers to run a playlist off of versus hiring a Iceland DJ or band.
- DIY your own Iceland wedding reception centerpieces (Our favorite site: Save On Crafts).
- Choose to have a buffet meal versus a 3-5 course plated Iceland wedding reception meal or do a “chef’s choice” option.
- Mitigate your Iceland Wedding Reception costs by having table bar service (IE, do not have a formal open bar that guests get up and go to). Work with your reception location on having a designated staffer who will replenish the chosen wine (white and red) and Icelandic beers throughout the night. If a guest asks specifically for something they can have it but by not forwardly offering cocktails and the 40 year old whisky you’ll find you may save hundreds of dollars.
We hope today several of these Iceland wedding planning tips will serve you well.
Kind Regards, Irene & Team (Mama Planner)
2016 © Iceland Weddings & Honeymoons, All Rights Reserved.